CLIMATE / SEASON
2020 had much larger yields than in 2019, characterized by decent bunch numbers thanks to good post-harvest and winter conditions. Soil profiles were also supplemented well due to late winter rainfall.
WINEMAKING & VINIFICATION
Our Chenin Blanc 2020 is the first vintage produced entirely from a single vineyard. It was picked earlier than previous years.
- Picked in small crates and left overnight in cold room to bring temperature down to roughly 10 degree Celsius.
- Following day 100% whole bunch pressing – slow, soft press of whole bunches.
- Fermented naturally in stainless steel for roughly two weeks.
- Cooler fermentation to keep classic flavours.
- After fermentation, goes into old oak barrels for 6 months on the lees
- Bâtonnage, or lees stirring, for the first 6 months to extract all the flavours of the lease
Alc. 12% | RS 1.1 g/L | TA 6.1 g/L | pH 3.3 g/L | VA 0.4